St Christopher’s Church takes the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults very seriously.
If you have any concern about the safety or wellbeing of a child, young person or vulnerable adult, please contact one of our Safeguarding Officers or one of the other contacts below as soon as possible. These concerns will always be dealt with quickly and sensitively.
Our policies and procedures follow the advice and guidance outlined in the Diocese of Southwark safeguarding manual, A Safe Church. You can read our church Safeguarding Policy here:
We have two Safeguarding Officers appointed by the PCC who work closely with the ministry team and churchwardens to make sure that St Christopher’s remains a safe place.
Safeguarding contacts – St Christopher’s Church
Priest in Charge, The Revd Ellen Eames (currently on maternity leave)
Safeguarding Officer, Anna Opare-Addo
Mobile: 07450 544048
Safeguarding Officer, Biyi Odusanya
Mobile: 07838 394054
Churchwarden, Bett Llewelyn
Mobile 07729 802919
Churchwarden, Tunde Oyemade
Mobile: 07958 102841
Safeguarding Contacts – Diocese of Southwark
You can contact the Diocese of Southwark Safeguarding team directly:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Moira Murray email@example.com
Office: 020 7939 9423 Mobile: 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Louise Vernon firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 020 7939 9462 Mobile: 07946 255622
Find help & advice
- Childline: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
- Solace: Southwark helpline: 020 7593 1290. London helpline: 0808 802 5565. Free advice and support to people aged 16 or over who have experienced domestic or sexual abuse.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.